My father is visiting us and I wanted to make a special breakfast for him. I made him banana pancakes the other day and had a craving for them myself. So, I whipped up a gluten-free banana pancake recipe. I used a similar recipe, which I had already altered, leaving out the refined sugar; substituted cow’s milk for a little bit more raw almond milk; used homemade gluten-free baking powder; substituted the vegetable oil for grape seed oil; and used sea salt instead of regular salt for healthier gluten-free pancakes!
A dairy-free, gluten free pancake recipe using no starch or gums, making it a healthier choice.
- 1 cup rice flour
- 2 teaspoons gluten free baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup raw almond milk or other dairy-free milk
- 1 Tablespoon grape seed oil (or the oil of your choice)
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed
- Whisk together flour, baking powder and salt.
- In a separate bowl, mash bananas.
- Whisk egg, milk and oil with bananas.
- Stir flour mixture into banana mixture (batter will be a little lumpy).
- Heat a lightly oiled griddle, skillet or frying pan over medium high heat. Pour 1/4 cup of batter for each pancake.
- Cook until pancakes are golden brown on both sides.
- Refrigerate any left-overs.
Consider topping with 100% organic maple syrup such as the Trader Joe's brand.