If you are craving gluten free blueberry muffins, this sugar-free, or low-in sugar, version is amazing! They turned out very light, despite not sifting the flour blend. I added 1 1/4 cups fresh blueberries, but you can easily get away with using 1 cup. We just love blueberries! The streusel topping really makes these muffins! I hope you enjoy them. Read more below to learn about the sweetener that I used.
Light gluten free blueberry muffins, packed with blueberries and topped with a scrumptious steusel topping. All sugar-free!
- 1 1/2 cups Carla's Gluten-Free All-Purpose Flour Blend
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 3/4 cup Pyure Stevia Sweetener Bakeable Blend
- 1/3 cup neutral cooking oil
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup milk of your choosing (I used non-fat)
- 1 1/4 cups fresh blueberries
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup gluten-free all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 3 Tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- In a medium-sized bowl, whisk the flour blend, baking powder, and salt together; and set it aside.
- Preheat your oven to 350°F.
- In the bowl of your mixer, add the sugar and oil; and blend it on medium speed until it is smooth. Add the egg and mix until it is well incorporated. Add the milk and vanilla; beat until it is creamy; and set the batter aside.
- Whisk the flour and sugar from the streusel ingredients list together; cut in the butter using a pastry cutter or 2 knives until the mixture is crumbly.
- Using a rubber spatula, fold the blueberries into the batter; and divide it between 10 lined muffin tins.
- Top each with 1 Tablespoon of the streusel topping and using your fingers, press it into the batter. (The topping makes enough for about 12 - 13 muffins.)
- Bake the muffins for 30 - 35 minutes and a toothpick inserted turns out clean.
- Allow the muffins to cool for about 5 - 10 minutes in the pan. Then transfer them to a wire rack to cool further, at least 20 minutes. If you serve them too warm, they the blueberries will be gooey, still quite hot, and will stick to the muffin liners.