I have put off developing a soft gluten free dinner rolls recipe, for too long. With Thanksgiving almost here, I made it a priority, and I am so glad that I did! I am not a big bread eater, but I just cannot stop myself with these rolls! They are not grainy at all. They are something my husband loves during the holiday, and I was certainly not going to make him ones with gluten! When he gets home he’s going to gobble these up. Since they’re so easy to make I’ll have to make another batch of this super soft gluten free dinner rolls recipe! Enjoy, and have a happy Thanksgiving!
Soft Gluten Free Dinner Rolls Recipe
The softest gluten free rolls you'll ever have! Good enough to serve your gluten eating guests.
- Oil muffin tins; set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together all dry ingredients, except for yeast; set aside.
- Preheat oven to low (170-200°F).
- Add yeast and sweetener of choice to milk and stir; set aside for about 5 minutes until foamy on top, or until you are ready to use it.
- Add butter and/or oil to the bowl of your mixer.
- Add 1 egg and 1 egg white, (one at the time, if using butter) until creamy.
- Add yeast mixture and vinegar and mix for a very short time.
- Add flour mixture and beat on medium speed until all dry ingredients are wet.
- Set mixer to high speed and beat for 4 minutes.
- Oil an ice cream scooper, preferable one with spring action. Add one very slightly rounded ice cream scoop of dough to each muffin tin.
- With a fingertip moistened with water, smooth out any imperfections. Spring-actioned scoopers leave a moon shaped line on the top.
- Turn oven off. Place muffin tins in oven and allow to rise for 40 minutes or until muffins have risen to the height of cupcakes.
- While rising, in a small bowl, make eggwash mixture by whisking all ingredients together; set aside.
- Once risen, remove from oven, and preheat oven to 375°F.
- Baste the muffins with the eggwash. The egg wash is enough for about 3 batches.
- Once oven is preheated, add muffin tins to oven (one or two 12 muffin tins will work); bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Best served right out of the oven. Store covered with a dish towel, until ready to use. If not using right away, allow to cool and store in ziplock bags with a paper towel to absorb and moisture. To rewarm, microwave on low. They become softer, but are still wonderful. Freeze any that you will not use within 4 days. Rewarm in microwave on low.
If you like the yellow, eggy rolls, you may try adding a third egg. I believe that will work nicely, and will give it more substance. That will be my next experiment with this gluten free dinner rolls recipe.
© Copyrighted 2010 - 2015. Carla's Gluten Free Recipe Box. All rights reserved. All content, photos and images are copyrighted by us or their respective owners. You must obtain permission by their owners before using any of them.
Visit Carla’s Gluten Free Online Store.