The raved about Gluten Free Banana Pancakes Recipe just became healthier and even more flavorful! This gluten free cinnamon banana buckwheat pancakes recipe makes a delicious breakfast that everyone, including gluten-eaters, will gobble up. Buckwheat flour is optional.
Gluten Free Cinnamon Banana Buckwheat Pancakes
Some wonderful twists on traditional banana pancakes, using half buckwheat flour and adding cinnamon. Can you see, "Yes please!"
- 1/2 cup white or brown rice flour
- 1/2 cup buckwheat flour (or more rice flour)
- 2 teaspoons gluten-free baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1 large egg, beaten, at room temperature
- 1 cup milk of your choosing
- 1 tablespoon neutral-flavored oil, for frying
- Fresh fruit, for garnish
- Whisk together rice flour, buckwheat flour, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt; set aside.
- In a separate, medium-sized bowl, mash the bananas;. Whisk in the egg and milk.
- Fold in the flour mixture. The batter will be a little lumpy.
- Preheat a lightly oiled skillet or griddle over medium-high heat. Pour 1/4 cup batter for each pancake. Cook until pancakes are golden brown on both sides.
- Garnish with sliced bananas or other fruit, if desired.
- Serve with heated pure/gluten-free maple syrup with a little cinnamon in it or a little cinnamon stirred into some yogurt.
- Cover and refrigerate any leftovers. To reheat, microwave on low. You can also freeze them in a single layer. Then stack them in a resealable storage bag for longterm freezing.
© Copyrighted 2009 - 2016. Wilkins Publishers. All rights reserved. All content, photos and images are copyrighted by us or their respective owners. You must obtain permission by their owners before using any of them.