Making rich and buttery gluten free coffee cake will bring joy to both gluten and gluten-free dieters alike. It offers several choices of fillings.
Gluten Free Coffee Cake with Your Choice of Filling
A moist and buttery gluten free coffee cake with your choice of caramel, chocolate, jam or cinnamon-sugar fillings.
To Make the Topping:
- Combine 6 tablespoons flour, brown sugar, and cinnamon in a bowl.
- Using a pastry cutter, two knives, or your fingers, cut 2 1/2 tablespoons butter into dry mixture until crumbles form.
- If using, stir in nuts. Set the topping aside for later use.
To Make the Cake:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Oil an 8 x 8-inch baking pan. Line with a sheet of parchment paper with two sides overhanging (four sides when using caramel or ganache); and set aside.
- In a bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt; and set aside.
- In the bowl of your mixer cream butter and sugar working your way up to high speed for about 4 minutes. Scrape the sides of the bowl as needed.
- Add eggs one at a time and beat thoroughly after each addition.
- Add one-third of the flour mixture alternating with half of the Greek yogurt and beat on medium speed after each addition. Begin and end with flour.
- Scoop half of the batter into the prepared pan and spread in an even layer.
- Spread your desired filling on top of the batter.
- Add the remaining batter and spread evenly.
- Top with the cinnamon/brown sugar mixture.
- Bake for about 1 hour or until a toothpick inserted near the center turns out clean.
© Copyrighted 2009 - 2016. Wilkins Publishers. All rights reserved. All content, photos and images are copyrighted by us or their respective owners. You must obtain permission by their owners before using any of them.