Portion control is everything nowadays whether you are watching your weight, or carb, sugar, or white flour intake. Make this gluten free cornbread in a mug so that leftovers do not tempt you to eat more than you intend to. Smother with butter and you’re good to go! It’s great with chili, soup, or by itself.
Gluten Free Cornbread in a Mug (Dairy-Free and Vegan Options)
Perfectly portion control by making this delicious one-serving of gluten free cornbread.
- 3 tablespoons gluten-free cornmeal
- 2 tablespoons Carla's Gluten Free All-Purpose Flour Blend recipe
- 1/4 teaspoon gluten-free baking powder
- 1/16 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup*
- 2 tablespoons + 1 teaspoon water*
- 1 teaspoon unsalted butter, (or dairy butter spread such as Smart Balance or Earth Balance for vegan), melted
- Oil a 10-ounce mug; set aside.
- In a small bowl, using a mini whisk or fork, whisk together the cornmeal, flour blend, baking powder, and salt.
- Add the water and melted butter; whisk until smooth.
- Scoop the cornbread mixture into the mug and microwave for 90 seconds.
- Remove from cup and set aside to cool. (It will be gummy until cooled.)
- Serve with butter or dairy-free or vegan spread or serve with stews, chili, soup, or dishes with gravy or sauces.
*To alter the sweetness, exchange water for maple syrup and vice versa.
© Copyrighted 2009 - 2016. Wilkins Publishers. All rights reserved. All content, photos and images are copyrighted by us or their respective owners. You must obtain permission by their owners before using any of them.