I’m under deadline on another project but wanted to squeeze in a recent recipe request for a healthier gluten-free mug cake. I chose chocolate this time, as I already have a recipe for a regular Gluten Free Coffee Mug Cake (actual coffee cake). I love coffee mug cake, as they are so easy to make! To make it healthier by using xylitol which is sugar-free, and dairy-free by allowing you to choose the variety of milk. I hope this helps more than just the person who requested it, as it is delicious. I am thinking of substituting some of the all-purpose flour for a little almond flour next time. If you try this idea before I do, please let us all know how it turns out. If you’d like, you can even add some natural peanut butter, or other nut butter, to the top/middle of the batter for a Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup flavor. I took one bite while it was fresh out the microwave, and couldn’t stop myself…and it was pretty much guilt-free!
Gluten Free Chocolate Mug Cake (Sugar-Free Dairy-Free)
A moist chocolate gluten free mug cake, perfect for when you're the only one in your household that is gluten free. Made sugar-free, dairy-free, and vegan.
- 2 tablespoons neutral-flavored oil
- 3-1/2 tablespoons milk of choice
- 1/8 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup Carla's Gluten-Free All-Purpose Flour recipe (I used cornstarch, versus tapioca)
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar or natural sugar substitute
- 2 tablespoons gluten-free unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3/8 teaspoon gluten free baking powder
- Tiny pinch salt
- In a 10 to 12-ounce coffee mug, add oil and roll it around to coat the sides.
- Add milk and vanilla; whisk to combine.
- In a separate cup or bowl, whisk together the flour, sweetener, cocoa, baking powder, and salt. Whisk until thoroughly combined. Add dry mixture to the mug. Using a fork, combine until no lumps remain.
- Bake in microwave on high for about 80 seconds. Cook for additional 10-second intervals, if needed. Baking times vary due to different wattages. Serve warm or cooled.
Add chocolate chips to the cake batter.
Top with chocolate ganache or your favorite frosting. You can even use whipped cream.
© Copyrighted 2009 - 2016. Wilkins Publishers. All rights reserved. All content, photos and images are copyrighted by us or their respective owners. You must obtain permission by their owners before using any of them.