This gluten free parfait is perfect for the holidays with its golden caramel color. Use your favorite gluten free brownie recipe or the one linked below. Because so many premade caramel sauces contain gluten, making the Dolche Leche (rich caramel sauce) is the perfect way to go for those on a gluten free diet. The baked apple slices compliment the ingredients perfectly, in color and flavor. The best part about this dessert is that most of the ingredients may be made in advanced. Enjoy, and happy holidays to all!
Gluten Free Parfait: Brownie Caramel Apple
A gluten free parfait made with gluten free brownies, baked apples, caramel sauce, and whipped cream. It's golden color is the perfect holiday treat or for anytime of year!
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Bake brownies; set aside.
- Slice 2 apples 1/3-inch thick; cube the others; place them on parchment lined baking sheets; baste both sides of the apple cubes and slices with butter; bake until slightly tender, about 20 minutes; set aside to cool.
- While brownies are baking, make caramel sauce; set aside.
- Make whipped cream; chill in refrigerator until ready to use.
- To assemble the parfaits, add a bit of whipped cream to the bottom of a tall glass; add a couple of small pieces of brownies; cut some of the sliced apples in bite size pieces and add a couple on top of brownies; top with caramel sauce; repeat process to fill glass; top with whipped cream and center sliced apple.
© Copyrighted 2009 - 2016. Wilkins Publishers. All rights reserved. All content, photos and images are copyrighted by us or their respective owners. You must obtain permission by their owners before using any of them.