These are my favorite gluten free donuts, chocolate, chocolate and more chocolate! I had run across the cardboard wrapper that surrounded my donut pan and had been craving them, as I see it quite often. My husband’s favorite type of donuts are chocolate, and he’s coming home today from out of town. I thought what better way to greet him than have chocolate gluten free donuts awaiting him? Well, the first batch I forgot to add the milk, which caused them to be too dry. They already had been placed in the oven when I realized it. Gee, where was my mind that day? Well, I played around with 2 different batches today, and finally achieved success! Enjoy! And if you’re dairy-free, see “Tips” for a great dairy free ganache.
Chocolate Gluten-Free Sugar-Free Donuts Doughnuts (Baked)
A baked gluten free chocolate donuts recipe sweetened with molasses for a sugar-free delight!
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Grease your donut pan (a full size 6 tin pan) with oil or spray oil. Don't be shy on the amount you use.
- In the large mixing bowl of your mixer, add dry ingredients and mix thoroughly.
- Add the liquid ingredients and mix until all dry ingredients are moist and smooth. Scrape bowl at least one time.
- Fill each donut tin 3/4 way up to the top. With slightly wet fingers tips, distribute the batter throughout the tin, smoothing the tops. Re-wet finger tips as necessary, because what you see is what'll you get once baked. Wipe off any access dough that gets on the middle part of the mold and the surrounding areas.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until donuts are firm to the touch.
- Remove from oven and transfer as soon as possible to a baking rack to cool completely.
- Frost with Ganache (link below), or your favorite frosting; or with Dairy Free Ganache, (link below).
- And, if desired, dip into finely chopped nuts, chocolate jimmies, or sprinkles.
© Copyrighted 2009 - 2016. Wilkins Publishers. All rights reserved. All content, photos and images are copyrighted by us or their respective owners. You must obtain permission by their owners before using any of them.