On those busy nights, make this gluten free chicken and rice casserole and add your favorite vegetables. Season with salt and pepper or add a tablespoon or two of your favorite sauce. I enjoy pesto in mine occasionally; however, for this one, I just seasoned with salt and pepper. It only takes 15 minutes to cook. Enjoy!
Easy Gluten Free Chicken and Rice Casserole
An easy gluten free chicken and rice casserole. Add your favorite sauce or or seasonings. There are endless possibilities.
- 1.75 lbs. organic boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-size pieces
- 2 1/2 cups cooked brown rice (I used Trader Joe's frozen organic brown rice - 1 1/2 pouches )
- 1 cup frozen spinach, defrosted and drained
- 1/4 cup gluten free sauce of choice: pesto (Buitoni brand), marinara, etc. (optional)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Oil for frying (gluten-free, if using spray)
- Preheat a heavy skillet with oil over medium heat.
- Increase heat to medium-high. Add chicken pieces and cook for about 8 minutes and until brown. Stir once chicken is nice and brown on the first side. Continue to cook until next side is brown and continue this way for the 8 minutes.
- Add rice (frozen is okay) and spinach. Stir and cook until rice and spinach is thoroughly heated, about 5 minutes.
- If using, stir in a couple of tablespoons of pesto or marinara sauce.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste and serve immediately.
If you keep chopped onions in your freezer, you can add some onions once the chicken browns. Just saute them for about 3 minutes. They'll continue to cook once you add the rice and vegetables.
© Copyrighted 2009 - 2016. Wilkins Publishers. All rights reserved. All content, photos and images are copyrighted by us or their respective owners. You must obtain permission by their owners before using any of them.