It’s summertime and definitely the time for a no-bake dessert. If you will be serving kids dessert this 4th of July, consider these gluten free rice krispie treats garnished as a flag. You have your choice of four different white frosting recipes, include a dairy-free cream cheese one. I hope the kids among your guests or family enjoy this festive treat! Have a happy and safe 4th!
Flag Gluten Free Rice Krispy Treats
To Make the Rice Krispy Treats:
- Gluten free spray oil or oil, for pan and spatula (or butter/spread)
- Spray oil or butter a 9 x 13-inch baking dish, and set it aside.
- In large saucepan melt the butter/spread over low heat; add the marshmallows; and stir until completely melted. Remove the pan from the heat. Add the Rice Krispies and stir until well coated.
- Scoop the mixture into the prepared baking dish. Oil a rubber spatula. Scoop the mixture into the prepared pan, and using the back of the oiled spatula, press the mixture into the pan to flatten out the top. Set it aside to cool completely.
To Make the Frosting:
- Make 1 recipe of your frosting of choice and frost the top of the cooled Rice Krispy treats. Add the wedges of strawberries and blueberries to create a flag.
- Cut the treats into about 2 1/4-inch squares,
- Rice Krispy treats are always best served the same day.
© Copyrighted 2009 - 2016. Wilkins Publishers. All rights reserved. All content, photos and images are copyrighted by us or their respective owners. You must obtain permission by their owners before using any of them.