Using allergen-free ingredients, you can make this tasty cheese-like textured party dip. Turn it into a fondue or pasta sauce by simply adding additional water, dairy-free milk, or even white wine. I’ll be serving this to my upcoming guests, one of whom has several food allergies. Contains sesame seeds.
Gluten-Free Dairy-Free Vegan Cheese Sauce (Cheeze Sauce)
A tasty gluten free dairy free cheesy mixture that contains no cheese, dairy, gluten, nuts. It is free of all of the common allergens.
- 1/2 cup sesame seeds, ground
- 1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons certified gluten free oat flour
- 1-1/2 tablespoons potato starch (or cornstarch or tapioca flour)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1-1/2 teaspoons onion powder
- 3/4 teaspoon fine salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/16 teaspoon stevia powder
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- Place all of the dry ingredients into a small saucepan, preferably nonstick, but not mandatory.
- Add the water and vinegar and stir. Heat over medium heat, stirring constantly, until thick, about 15 minutes (see the video for texture). You can also use a hand blender or small food processor to puree it for a smoother texture, if desired.
- Transfer to a heat-proof container allowing it to reach room temperature. Serve warm or cover and refrigerate until chilled, 1 - 2 hours. Serve with raw vegetables and/or crackers as an appetizer dip. For pasta, add a little oil, if desired, plus some water, milk, or white wine to thin it a bit. You can use the pasta sauce for fondue as well.
© Copyrighted 2009 - 2016. Wilkins Publishers. All rights reserved. All content, photos and images are copyrighted by us or their respective owners. You must obtain permission by their owners before using any of them.