A full batch of gluten free brownies made in the microwave. Made allergen-free, they do not contain egg, dairy, and more. They’re simple and easy to make. These brownies are perfect for a late night snack or last-minute guest(s). They’re delicious! The texture is perfect and you don’t taste eggy like most microwaved brownies and mug cakes. You can check out the same recipe in a single serving, Gluten Free Brownie Mug Recipe along with its video.
Full Batch Gluten Free Microwaved Brownies
- 1-1/4 cups milk of choice rice milk
- 6 tablespoons neutral-flavored oil
- 1/4 cup gluten-free margarine (Smart Balance) (Earth Balance for vegan)
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/4 cups light brown sugar* packed
- 1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons granulated sugar*
- 1 cup potato starch
- 3/4 cup brown rice flour
- 1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons white rice flour (or more brown rice flour)
- 1/2 teaspoon xanthan gum (or guar gum for corn-free)
- 1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons gluten-free unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon gluten-free baking powder
- 1/4 + 1/8 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts walnuts or pecans (optional)
- 6 tablespoons gluten free chocolate chips Enjoy Life Minis for dairy-free/vegan (or Nestle's) (optional)
Oil a square baking dish (mine was approximately 8-1/4 x 8-1/4 x2-1/3-inches); set aside.
In a large bowl, whisk together the milk, oil, margarine, vanilla, brown sugar, and granulated sugar. (You'll end up with tiny bits of margarine floating around. You want that. Don't let them melt into the liquid.) Set aside.
In a separate bowl, whisk together the potato starch, brown rice flour,white rice flour, xanthan gum, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt. Sift intothe wet mixture. Whisk until smooth.
Fold in the nuts and chocolate chips. Pour into the prepared dish.
Bake in the microwave on high for 6 minutes. Check to make sure that the entire surface is firm to the touch including the center. If not, microwave in 30-second intervals, testing after each interval for doneness, until done. (I baked mine for a total of 8 minutes.)
Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. (Important! If this step is not done, the center's bottom will steam up and appear unbaked.)
*For vegan/organic sugar, please be sure to break down those large crystals prior to adding the margarine/buttery spread.