Make this gluten free mug brownie in the microwave. It only takes about 5 minutes to throw together and only one minute to cook. Add chocolate chips or nuts to the batter if desired. It’s a wonderful recipe to make when the craving hits and you need something right now!
Watch the video to check out the texture.
Gluten Free Mug Brownie (Gum-Free Allergen-Free)
A delicious gluten free mug brownie that is easy to make and fast when you've gotta have it now!
- 3-1/2 tablespoons milk of choice (preferably gum-free)
- 1 tablespoon neutral-flavored oil
- 1/8 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup + 1 tablespoon brown rice flour (or Carla’s Gluten Free All-Purpose Flour Blend Recipe using gum
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar (or more granulated sugar)
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons gluten-free unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/16 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon chopped nuts (walnuts or pecans) (optional)
- In an 8-ounce mug, combine milk, oil, and vanilla. Swirl around the mug to coat the sides with oil.
- In a small bowl, add the brown rice flour, brown sugar, granulated sugar, cocoa powder, and salt. Either sift together or using your fingers, break up the brown sugar and combine the ingredients. Add half of the dry mixture at a time to the mug and stir to combine after each addition.
- Cook in the microwave for 1 minute (based upon a 1200-watt oven).
- If desired, add 1 tablespoon additional chocolate chips to the top of the hot brownie and allow to melt, while the brownie cools, about 10 minutes. Then, using a butter knife or small spatula, smear the chocolate over the top. Serve once completely cool or while a little warm. The texture improves as it cools.
- Serve as is or topped with whipped cream. You can also add nuts to the top if you didn't add any into the batter.
© Copyrighted 2009 - 2016. Wilkins Publishers. All rights reserved. All content, photos and images are copyrighted by us or their respective owners. You must obtain permission by their owners before using any of them.