Douglas McNish makes a mean Raw Vegan Gluten Free Cheesecake. I started with his recipe and by the time I was finished, it developed into this lovely raw pumpkin cheesecake recipe. You will need a high speed blender to make this. There is no getting around it. If you are not fortunate enough to own one, note that there are lower cost alternatives to the VitaMix brand. Meanwhile, raw pumpkin cheesecake is topped with raw caramel sauce, whipped nut cream, and cocoa nibs. I’ve included all of the recipes including how to make raw vanilla extract “liquid”. Enjoy!
A 100% gluten free vegan and raw pumpkin cheesecake recipe that tastes as rich as it looks, topped with raw caramel sauce, nut cream, and raw cocoa nibs.
- High-Powdered Blender
- 4 cups raw cashews, soaked overnight
- 1/2 cup pumpkin meat, cubed
- 1 cup carrot juice
- 1/2 cup raw agave nectar
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted and slightly cooled
- 2 teaspoons liquid vanilla
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/16 teaspoon cloves
- Raw cocoa nibs, for garnish
- 1 cup whole raw walnuts or pecans
- 3/4 cup raw oats (or more nuts)
- 1/3 cup chopped pitted soft dates (or raisins)
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder (optional for chocolate crust)
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/2 cup dates
- 1/4 cup agave nectar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract (or see recipe for raw "liquid" vanilla below)
- 1/2 teaspoon fine salt
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- 1 cup whole, raw cashews
- 1/2 cup grape juice from green grapes
- 1/2 teaspoon liquid vanilla
- 1 1/3 cup raw cashews, soaked overnight
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 Tablespoons agave nectar
- 2 vanilla beans
- 1/4 cup filtered water
- Using a high-powered blender, combine soaked cashews, pumpkin meat, carrot juice, agave nectar, coconut oil, liquid vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, and cloves, if using. Blend on high speed until creamy and fluffy, and set aside for later use.
- In the bowl of your food processor, pulse nuts until fine ground, add dates and salt and process until creamy, and transfer to a medium size bowl.
- Add nuts and stir to combine thoroughly.
- Transfer to the bottom of a 9-inch springform (for cheescakes or tart tan) and distribute evenly.
- Scoop filling over crust and refrigerate until firm, about 3 hours or up to 5 days. If making in advance, feel free to freeze it, covered, for several weeks.
- When ready to serve, remove ring from springform pan, transfer to a serving plate, and garnish with raw caramel sauce, raw whipped cream, and top with raw cocoa nibs, if desired. Slice with a sharp knife dipped in hot water, cleaning knife between each slice.
- Soak dates in warm water until plump, about 2 minutes. (For a true raw dessert, do not soak in water over 115 degrees F.)
- Blend all ingredients in a high speed blender until smooth.
- Blend all ingredients in a high speed blender until fluffy.
- Chop vanilla beans into tiny pieces and add to your high-speed blender.
- Add water and blend until smooth.
- Refrigerate or freeze and defrost as needed.
2 Replies to “Gluten Free Raw Pumpkin Cheesecake Recipe”
In the “filling” section of instructions, you don’t include the pumpkin meat that is in the ingredients section, I assume that this is where it goes? Does it need to be roasted or cooked in any way?
Yes. You are correct in that it should go in the blender with the rest of the filling ingredients. Thanks for being my proofreader! I hope you enjoy this recipe! Meanwhile, I have updated the instructions.