This month, Joy Bauer’s recipe contribution comes from her Celiac Disease Recipes Collection. Low in fat and sodium, this gluten free sweet potato fries recipe is absolutely delicious without a thing added to them besides a little olive oil cooking spray. We found them a welcome change in our gluten free dinner menu. Fries don’t have to be crispy and drenched in oil to taste great. If you haven’t made them yet, I’m sure you’ll agree. Thank you again, Joy for your healthy gluten free recipes.
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 25 mins
Total Time: 35 mins
This recipe is available to everyone.
Baked Gluten Free Sweet Potato Fries
An easy low-fat, low-sodium sweet potato fries recipe from Joy Bauer's Celiac Disease Recipe Collection.
- 2 medium potato(es), sweet, (about 8 ounces each)
- cooking spray, olive oil-flavored*
- Salt, Kosher, (optional)
- Pepper, black, (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Coat a large baking sheet with oil spray. Slice off the ends of the potatoes and cut the potatoes in half lengthwise. Cut each half into wedges or strips (approximately ¼-inch thick). Spread the fries out in a single layer on the baking sheet and spray liberally with oil spray. Sprinkle the fries with salt and pepper (and any other optional seasonings like curry, cinnamon, chipotle chili powder, cumin, etc.).
- Bake the fries for 20 minutes, flipping them halfway through. To finish, set the oven to broil and broil for 5+ minutes (depending on how brown and crispy you like your fries).
IBS sufferers take note: This recipe is suitable for constipation-predominant IBS and diarrhea-predominant IBS.
*Carla's Note: If using an alternative cooking oil spray such as Pam, and you are gluten intolerant, read labels thoroughly or check with the manufacturer for cross-contamination issues.
Note: Nutrition information below is for plain fries, without salt or other seasonings.
© Copyrighted 2009 - 2016. Wilkins Publishers. All rights reserved. All content, photos and images are copyrighted by us or their respective owners. You must obtain permission by their owners before using any of them.
Amount Per Serving
Total Fat: 1 g
Saturated Fat: 0 g
Cholesterol: 0 mg
Sodium: 60 mg
Total Carbohydrate: 23 g
Dietary Fiber: 3 g
Protein: 2 g
Sugars: 5 g