One of my favorite recipes is tiramisu. These gluten free tiramisu parfaits combines some of my favorite fillings: vanilla pudding, cream cheese, and whipped cream with one of my favorite cakes, sponge cake. (The sponge cake is the same recipe I use in my Gluten Free Tiramisu Cake Recipe.) The espresso, or strong coffee, along with chocolate create traditional tirmasu flavor. It’s easier to serve when having guests and is impressive. Tiramsu is often everyone’s favorite. May they all enjoy!
Gluten Free Lady Finger Parfait
You can freeze sponge cake so that you can whip up gluten free tiramisu parfaits anytime you desire. The filling is easy, yet rich and delicious.
- 2 cups cold non-free milk
- 2 packages (3.4 oz. each) gluten-free instant vanilla pudding (JELL-O)
- 4 oz. gluten-free cream cheese
- 2 cups Sweetened Whipped Cream (or gluten free whipped cream)
- 1 recipe Gluten Free Sponge Cake, cubed
- 1/3 cup espresso, cooled (or 1/3 cup boiing water + 5 teaspoons dry instant coffee)
- 1 teaspoon gluten free unsweetened cocoa (Hershey's or Ghirardelli)
- Gluten free chocolate, mini chocolate chips, or shaved chocolate, for garnish
- In a large bowl, whisk together milk and pudding. Set in refrigerator for a few minutes.
- In the bowl of your mixer beat cream cheese until smooth.
- Gradually fold in the soft-set pudding.
- Gradually fold in the whipped cream.
- Place sponge cake cubes in a large bowl. Sprinkle espresso over the top as you turn them over. Set aside.
- Divide one-quarter of the sponge cake among six parfait glasses. Divide one-third of the cream mixture among the glasses. Continue to layer with cake and cream mixture, ending with cream mixture.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 8 hours or overnight. Just prior to serving, dust with cocoa.
© Copyrighted 2009 - 2016. Wilkins Publishers. All rights reserved. All content, photos and images are copyrighted by us or their respective owners. You must obtain permission by their owners before using any of them.