This is my new holiday brussels sprouts recipe. It contains Christmas colors and flavors, yet it is so easy to make. If you don’t have an oven available, make them in a skillet. They’re delicious either way.
Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Cranberries and Pecans
Crunchy brussels sprouts with sweet and tangy ingredients like cranberries and balsamic vinegar. Together, they create a flavor frenzy!
- 8 cups brussels sprouts, sliced in half length-wise
- 1-1/2 cups fresh cranberries
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme, stems removed, minced (or 1 Tbsp. dried)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar (optional)
- 2/3 cup coarsely chopped pecans (optional)
- Sprigs of fresh thyme, for garnish (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 425ºF.
- Distribute the brussels sprouts and cranberries between the baking sheets. Pour oil on top, sprinkle with the dried thyme, and season with salt and pepper. Bake on the center shelf until tender, 15 - 20 minutes. (The cranberries will probably create some juice in the beginning, but will evaporate on its own.)
- Add the pecans to a heavy skillet over medium-high heat. (I like to use cast iron.) Stir frequently and allow to toast until fragrant, about 5 minutes.
- Remove the baking sheets from the oven and drizzle with balsamic, if using, tossing gently with a metal spatula. Add pecans, toss again, and transfer to a serving dish.
- Add sprigs of fresh thyme for garnish, if desired.
© Copyrighted 2009 - 2016. Wilkins Publishers. All rights reserved. All content, photos and images are copyrighted by us or their respective owners. You must obtain permission by their owners before using any of them.