I wanted to try out my newly developed Cup for Cup Gluten Free Flour Blend recipe; therefore, I created this new recipe for gluten free baked donuts. They are light in texture very similar to gluten glazed donuts that are deep-fried.
This is not my only gluten free donut recipe on this site, but the others are not a typical, plain, baked donut, like this one. One is sugar-free, the other is chocolate, another is raised and contains pumpkin, and another is fried [update: I have lots more donut recipes now]. Lastly, there is one that is just okay, a jelly donut recipe. I hope you enjoy this recipe. If you prefer something different, check out the links below. I’ve even included a delicious gluten free churros recipe.
Baked Gluten Free Donut Recipe
A gluten free donut recipe using a copycat recipe for Cup4Cup flour blend. The dry milk in the flour blend makes the texture like gluten glazed donuts.
- 2 1/4 cups Gluten Free Cup for Cup Flour Blend Recipe
- 1 1/8 cups granulated sugar
- 4 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/8 teaspoons fine sea salt
- 4 1/2* large eggs, at room temperature (or equivalent Ener-G Egg Replacer)
- 9 Tablespoons (1/2 cup + 1 T) neutral flavored cooking oil
- 1 1/8 cups milk of choice (I used low-fat)
- 2 1/4 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF. Liberally oil 2 nonstick 6-count donut baking pans and set them aside (or work in batches with one pan).
- In a large bowl, whisk the flour blend, sugar, baking powder, and salt together and set it aside.
- In a separate bowl, whisk eggs, oil, vanilla, and milk until thoroughly combined.
- Create a well in the center of the flour mixture, pour in the wet ingredients, and whisk until incorporated. The batter will appear gummy.
- Distribute batter evenly into donut cups, about three-quarters full. Tap the pan on the counter to even out the batter and bring up any large air pockets. Pop the large air pockets with a sharp knife. Using the back of a teaspoon dipped in water, smooth out the tops of the batter.
- Bake for about 18 - 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into one of the donuts comes out clean.
- Transfer donuts to a wire rack to cool.
- Top with your favorite glaze or chocolate frosting. See Gluten Free Doughnut Recipe for recipes in "Tips" section.
© Copyrighted 2009 - 2016. Wilkins Publishers. All rights reserved. All content, photos and images are copyrighted by us or their respective owners. You must obtain permission by their owners before using any of them.
You may also like:
Baked Gluten Free Raised Pumpkin Donut Recipe
Gluten Free Deep-Fried Donut Recipe
Gluten Free Deep-Fried Jelly Donut Recipe (These are just okay. I will updated this recipe to use the recipe above to bake them instead of deep-frying as these baked ones are so tender!)
Baked Gluten-Free Sugar-Free Chocolate Donut Recipe
Gluten Free Churros Recipe
Baked Gluten-Free Sugar-Free Donut Recipe