This gluten-free raw chocolate ice cream recipe is much better than the raw almond one I made several days ago – hands down! – hence the preface “creamy”. It’s rich, smooth and delightful. The less milk or milk substitute you add the richer it will become. A must try if you’re a chocolate lover.
I only used 1 1/4 cups of almond milk and it was super, super rich! I loved it, but who can afford to have something that decadent on a regular basis. Back to my 2 cups of raw almond milk next time! I love a double or triple chocolate ice cream! How about you?
A wonderful dairy-free (if desired) avocado chocolate ice cream. It's not only raw, but vegan, gluten-free and delicious!
- 2 ripe avocados, pitted and peeled
- 3/4 cup organic raw blue agave syrup
- 2 cups Raw Almond Milk
- 3/4 cup organic unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon organic vanilla extract
- Add avocado and agave syrup to food processor and thoroughly blend.
- Add the milk a little bit at a time until well blended.
- Add cocoa powder a little bit at a time until thoroughly blended. It should be the consistency of a chocolate pudding. If you wish a less richer ice cream feel free to add more milk.
- Add vanilla and blend again.
- Freeze according to manufacturer's instructions. My 2 quart Cuisinart ice cream maker takes about 20 minutes to freeze.
- Place in an air-tight container in the freezer until firm.
- Freeze left overs. Prior to serving left overs remove container from freezer and allow to defrost for about 15 minutes or so.
If you cannot find an organic unsweetened cocoa powder look for one that is natural, without any chemicals, such as Ghirardelli unsweetened cocoa.
You can just melt some and mix it in! They are gluten-free, dairy-free, peanut-free, tree-nut free, soy free, egg free and casein-free.