Whether using fresh, frozen, or canned fruit, fruit kebabs are not only naturally gluten free, but make one of the easiest, yet healthiest appetizers. Using pineapple, strawberries, kewi, honeydew melon, green or red seedless grapes, green or red apples, and bananas are great for coordinating holiday colors, but use whatever you have available or enjoy. You may make dessert fruit kebabs by serving with a Chocolate Fondue Sauce. Enjoy these appetizers whether for New Year’s Eve or any other day!
Create a beautiful bouquet or centerpiece, or serve in glasses or on a platter. Either way, fruit kebabs are usually a big hit!
- Kiwi, peeled, sliced, and sliced again in half
- Green or red seedless grapes
- Honeydew melon, cut into chunks
- Strawberries, washed, stemmed and cut in half horizontally
- Pineapple, cut into chunks (or 100% natural canned pineapple chunks)
- Bananas, peeled and sliced in chunks
- Lemon juice (optional)
- If using apples or bananas, cut fruit just prior to serving and coat with lemon juice to prevent browning.
- Add fruit to long skewers, distributing green, yellow, and red alternately.
- Display on a large platter or in sturdy glasses. You can even poke them in a ball of cheese, or styrofoam to use as a centerpiece.
- Serve plain, with a sweetened yogurt sauce or chocolate sauce.
© Copyrighted 2009 - 2016. Wilkins Publishers. All rights reserved. All content, photos and images are copyrighted by us or their respective owners. You must obtain permission by their owners before using any of them.