These gluten free smokey chicken and bacon meatballs are not only unique but tasty too! Enjoy them with your favorite side dish and veggies or a salad, but they are more amazing cooked in your favorite sauce! You can also use them as appetizers. Stay tuned in on how I use these meatballs.
Gluten Free Smokey Chicken & Bacon Meatballs
Tasty and smokey gluten free chicken and bacon meatballs. So yummy! You can serve them as appetizer or with sauce with your favorite side dish.
- 9 ounces chicken breast, cut into cubes
- 3 slices gluten free bacon (Applegate Farms or Hormel Natural Choice or Black Label), sliced into 1/2-inch pieces
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup gluten free seasoned bread crumbs (or plain for dairy-free) (4C) (or homemade)
- 3 tablespoons milk of choice
- 1 teaspoon Wright's Liquid Smoke
- 1 large beaten egg (or Egg Replacer)
- Oil for frying
- Freeze chicken and bacon pieces in a thin layer, separately.
- Add chicken and bacon to your food processor, season with salt and pepper, and chop until they form tiny pieces, but not a paste. Transfer to another bowl.
- Preheat a large skillet over medium-high heat without any oil. Add oil, just prior to frying and swirl around the pan.
- Combine the milk and liquid smoke; add to the chicken mixture along with the bread crumbs. Combine thoroughly and scoop out nearly 3 tablespoons of mixture. (I use a spring-actioned scooper.) Form as best you can into a ball and transfer to the preheated and oiled frying pan. Fry, turning often until all sides are golden brown.
- Serve as desired, but with a sauce is awesome! See Gluten Free Sauce Recipes.
© Copyrighted 2009 - 2016. Wilkins Publishers. All rights reserved. All content, photos and images are copyrighted by us or their respective owners. You must obtain permission by their owners before using any of them.