I recently served this creamy polenta recipe with my Gluten Free Smokey Chicken & Bacon Meatballs and Easy Gluten Free Marinara Sauce. (Recipes coming soon!) My husband is not a big fan of polenta, but he loved this recipe. Serve for breakfast or dinner.
I also have a recipe for Cheesy Polenta Using Broth.
Note: Check out my Gluten Free Classic Waffle Recipe, too!
Gluten Free Creamy Polenta Using Corn Grits (Cheesy Option)
A creamy polenta recipe using gluten free corn grits or polenta, that is naturally gluten free, with a cheesy and dairy-free option.
- 4 cups water
- 3/4 cup gluten free yellow corn grits (Arrowhead Mills) (or gluten free polenta)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 1/8 - 1/4 teaspoon white pepper, to taste
- 1/8 - 1/4 teaspoon turmeric (for color and anti-inflammatory)
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter (or dairy-free or vegan margarine: Smart Balance or Earth Balance)
- 1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons shredded Mozzarella cheese (or Follow Your Heart or Daiya for dairy-free)
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese (or Kraft Parmesan)
- Add all of the ingredients to a 2-quart casserole dish with a lid. (It tends to boil over in anything smaller.) Stir together the ingredients and cover. Microwave for 4 minutes on high. Stir and microwave 4 additional minutes.
- If making cheesy polenta, stir the Mozzarella and Parmesan into the polenta.
- For dinner, serve topped with pesto, creamy vodka, marinara, or bolognese sauce. For breakfast, serve with breakfast meat and/or eggs.
© Copyrighted 2009 - 2016. Wilkins Publishers. All rights reserved. All content, photos and images are copyrighted by us or their respective owners. You must obtain permission by their owners before using any of them.