In preparation for my upcoming butternut squash ravioli recipe I wanted to share my new roasted butternut squash recipe with you. Of course, once I create the ravioli recipe, I will link to this recipe. It is naturally gluten free, does not contain any allergens, and is very yummy! If plan on pureeing this for any reason, consider using a portion of butternut squash and and a portion of sweet potatoes. It makes it thicker and creamier without the use of cream or cheese.
A roasted butternut squash to use in ravioli, dips, sauces and more. Roasting butternut squash provides unmistakable flavor difference in your gluten free recipes.
- 3 lb. 3.5 oz. butternut squash
- 1 Tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- Scant 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Scant 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- Scant 3/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Fine sea salt, to taste
- Mix the garlic powder, onion powder, and nutmeg in a small dish and set aside.
- Cut the ends off of the butternut squash and slice in half.
- Scoop out the seeds and pith. You may need a knife or sharp object to scrape it all out.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Peel the squash.
- Slice the squash to approximately 1/2-inch and cube them to about 3/4 - 1-inch.
- Add the cubes to a bowl, add the oil, and toss well.
- Transfer the squash to a baking sheet in a single layer.
- Sprinkle them with the spice mixture; and bake for 20 - 30 minutes, turning twice during the baking process. Once baked, transfer to a serving bowl, salt to taste and toss.
© Copyrighted 2010 - 2015. Carla's Gluten Free Recipe Box. All rights reserved. All content, photos and images are copyrighted by us or their respective owners. You must obtain permission by their owners before using any of them.