In preparation for my upcoming butternut squash ravioli recipe I wanted to share my new roasted butternut squash recipe with you. Of course, once I create the ravioli recipe, I will link to this recipe. It is naturally gluten free, does not contain any allergens, and is very yummy! If plan on pureeing this for any reason, consider using a portion of butternut squash and and a portion of sweet potatoes. It makes it thicker and creamier without the use of cream or cheese.
A roasted butternut squash to use in ravioli, dips, sauces and more. Roasting butternut squash provides unmistakable flavor difference in your gluten free recipes.
- 3 lb. 3.5 oz. butternut squash
- 1 Tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- Scant 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Scant 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- Scant 3/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Fine sea salt, to taste
- Mix the garlic powder, onion powder, and nutmeg in a small dish and set aside.
- Cut the ends off of the butternut squash and slice in half.
- Scoop out the seeds and pith. You may need a knife or sharp object to scrape it all out.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Peel the squash.
- Slice the squash to approximately 1/2-inch and cube them to about 3/4 - 1-inch.
- Add the cubes to a bowl, add the oil, and toss well.
- Transfer the squash to a baking sheet in a single layer.
- Sprinkle them with the spice mixture; and bake for 20 - 30 minutes, turning twice during the baking process. Once baked, transfer to a serving bowl, salt to taste and toss.