If you have some leftover chicken, this gluten free risotto recipe will knock your socks off. Make it sweet or spicy with two choices of sauces. This is also a dish you can easily make in advance for guests. For a quick and easy weeknight meal, use left over chicken and vegetables. All you’ll need to do is cook the risotto. Top it off with grated cheese or eat as is. For a vegan option add additional kidney beans or the beans of your choosing. Get creative! Which sauce will you use? Will you change the vegetables? Comment below and let me know.
Chicken and Vegetable Gluten Free Risotto (with Vegan Option)
A gluten free risotto casserole made with chicken, a mixture of vegetables, a few beans, and your choices of sauces: spaghetti sauce or spicy hot!
- 1 recipe Basic Gluten Free Risotto
- 1 1/2 cups chicken meat, chopped (or substitute with more beans for vegan)
- 4 cups steamed vegetables (sliced zucchini, sliced carrots, broccoli florets, etc.)
- 1/4 cup kidney beans
- 1/4 cup gluten free spaghetti sauce or (3 Tablespoons melted butter or oil + 2 teaspoons gluten free chipotle sauce, for a spicy version)
- Make the risotto per the instructions in the link above.
- While the risotto is cooking, boil chicken for about 20 minutes or use leftovers; chop into small pieces.
- Prepare the vegetables, or use leftovers. Steam the vegetables until tender in a colander over boiling water until tender or warm. Alternatively, you may microwave leftover vegetables (though it strips them of nutrients); or boil fresh ones.
- Transfer the rice to a large bowl; add warmed vegetables and beans; toss to distribute; add spaghetti sauce of hot sauce mixture; toss to coat.
Allergens vary depending upon the sauce you use and its ingredients.
Once summer hits use add some summer squash. It's often sweeter than zucchini.
© Copyrighted 2009 - 2016. Wilkins Publishers. All rights reserved. All content, photos and images are copyrighted by us or their respective owners. You must obtain permission by their owners before using any of them.
Visit the following categories to discover more Gluten Free Dinner Recipes or Gluten Free Side Dishes.