When a lettuce wrap is not substantial enough, whip up these easy to make Asian rice wraps! They are free of gluten, fat, soy, dairy, corn, potato, eggs, gums, nuts, yeast, and more! Make them low-sodium or sodium-free, if desired. Serve them filled with chicken mixed with Sweet Red Chili Sauce, Chicken Fried Rice mixed with Sweet Red Chili Sauce (as pictured), or my favorite, Chinese Chilled Chicken. Using very few ingredients you can whip these up and they only take a couple of minutes to cook.
Gluten Free Asian Rice Wraps
Ideal to make for box lunches, these soft Asian wraps stay soft for long periods and they're sturdy!
- 1/2 cup + 3 tablespoons white rice flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 1 cup boiling water
- In a small bowl, whisk together the rice flour and salt. Pour in the boiling water and combine using a silicone spatula. Set aside.
- Preheat a heavy skillet over medium-high heat.
- Roll the dough into a log 10 inches long. Cut the log into five 2-inch pieces. Form one into a ball and store the other in a zipper sandwich baggie to prevent them from drying out. Place the first ball on a sheet of parchment paper and flatten into a disk. Roll it out using a rolling pin as thin as possible.
- Pick up the rolled wrap using the parchment and invert the paper and wrap onto the preheated, ungreased skillet. Allow the wrap to cook as you slowly peel the paper away. If a piece sticks, just press it down onto the skillet a couple of seconds and try again. Cook, flipping often for a total of 2-1/2 minutes. You want them to stay soft and pliable and chewy.
© Copyrighted 2009 - 2016. Wilkins Publishers. All rights reserved. All content, photos and images are copyrighted by us or their respective owners. You must obtain permission by their owners before using any of them.