If you are seeking a refreshing summer recipe, this strawberry tomato salsa is it! It is often served with fish, however, you can also serve it with chicken or pork. It makes a great dip for tortilla chips or serve it as a salad atop a bed of baby greens. Either way you serve it, those who have never tried it, usually thoroughly enjoy it.
A refreshing gluten free salsa made with strawberries and tomatoes. Top salads, fish, pork, chicken, or greens.
- 1 lb. ripe strawberries, stemmed, cored, and diced (a 1 pint basket usually weighs 3/4 lb.)
- 3/4 lb. ripe tomatoes (2 medium whole) or (appx. 18 cherry), cored, seeded, and diced
- 1/4 cup diced sweet/yellow onions
- 1 - 2 Tablespoons chopped fresh basil (or mint or cilantro)
- 2 Tablespoons apple cider vinegar (or white or balsamic)
- 1 Tablespoon fruit juice (apple, pineapple, orange, lemon)
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar (or equivalent sugar-free substitute)
- Fresh ground pepper, to taste (optional)
- Add the strawberries, tomatoes, and onion to a large bowl. Top them with the chopped basil.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the remaining ingredients and pour it on top of the strawberry mixture. Toss them gently together and refrigerate until chilled, about 2 hours.
- Serve with chips, as a condiment with fish, chicken, or pork, or to top a bed of greens to serve as a salad.
© Copyrighted 2009 - 2016. Wilkins Publishers. All rights reserved. All content, photos and images are copyrighted by us or their respective owners. You must obtain permission by their owners before using any of them.