Pulling together all of my recent recipes results in this gorgeous mixture of flavors and textures. This gluten free meatball casserole includes a number of variations. This recipe is all about choices! The flavors and textures are sure to knock the socks off your family or guests. Your choice of meatballs (chicken & bacon or traditional Italian), easy or traditional marinara sauce, even bolognese (meat sauce). Choose between creamy polenta or your favorite gluten free pasta. You can even choose from a 9 x 9-inch dish or 9 x 13-inch dish.
Some of these recipes are available to everyone, while others are for members only.
Gluten Free Meatball Casserole with Multiple Variations
A gluten free meatball casserole recipe with multiple variations, all of which are flavorful. Choose between pasta and polenta, smokey chicken & bacon and beef meatballs, marinara or meat sauce. Even choose the size casserole dish that you use.
- First, make the marinara sauce of choice. The entire recipe is enough for a 13 x 9-inch dish.
- While the sauce cooks, make the meatballs and add to the sauce. (There is no need to start the sauce timer over.)
- Preheat your oven to 350ºF.
If Using Pasta:
- Cook the pasta just prior to serving. Be sure to boil the pasta in plenty of water, more than with traditional pasta. Save 1/4 to 1/2 cup (depending upon the quantity of pasta you cook) of cooked pasta water to add along with the sauce. It helps the sauce stick to the pasta. Drain the pasta and rinse briefly with cold water. (Rinsing helps stop the cooking process.) Transfer the pasta to a baking dish. Add a little of the warm pasta water to the pasta along with the most of the sauce. (Reserve some sauce if you think you may have leftovers.) Top with cheeses, if using, and toss. Nudge the meatballs between some pasta, evenly distributed throughout the dish. Bake for 15 or until everything is thoroughly warm.
- Remove from the oven and top with a little more sauce.
If Using Polenta:
- If using a 9 x 9-inch dish, cook 1 recipe of polenta. When using a 9 x 13-inch dish, cook 1-1/2 recipes of polenta. Once cooked, stir in the cheeses, if using. Transfer to the prepared dish and distribute evenly. Push the meatballs into the polenta and top a 9 x 9-inch dish with 1/2 cup shredded Mozzarella. Top a 9 x 13-inch dish with 3/4 cup. Bake on the center shelf until everything is nice and warm and the cheese melts, 15 - 20 minutes. Serve warm
You can even pour some sauce over white rice and omit the baking step. Serve along with meatballs.
For Night-Shade Free, omit all pepper.
© Copyrighted 2009 - 2016. Wilkins Publishers. All rights reserved. All content, photos and images are copyrighted by us or their respective owners. You must obtain permission by their owners before using any of them.