I’ve been experimenting with several ways of making a copycat version of wink frozen desserts. There’s the No Machine Version as well as the ice cream maker version below. They are free of all allergens. Plus, they’re super low in calories and net carbs. Using the ingredients I had on hand, I made one slightly higher in calories and net carbs, but provide you with a list of brands that will lower the totals to match Wink Frozen Desserts. They’re amazing and the flavor combinations are endless! View the video here.
All of the brands mentioned can be found on Amazon.
Wink Frozen Desserts Copycat Recipe – Ice Cream Machine Version
- 1/4 cup inulin Now Foods
- 1/4 cup pea protein isolate NOW Foods
- 1/4 cup golden flaxseed meal Bob’s Red Mill
- 1 teaspoon guar gum (NOW Foods) (or psyllium husk powder)
- 1/2 teaspoon beet powder for color (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon monk fruit extract powder Lakanto
- 6-1/2 cups + 2 tablespoons lukewarm water
- 2 teaspoons food-grade vegetable glycerin
- 1 teaspoon organic liquid stevia Trader Joe’s
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Lorann Oils Super Strength Emulsion Peach Flavor
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
In a medium-sized saucepan, whisk together the inulin, pea/brown rice protein powder, flaxseed meal, guar gum, and monk fruit extract powder.
Add the water and glycerin; whisk constantly over medium-high heat until it boils. Cook an additional 2 minutes.
Remove from the heat; whisk in the glycerin, stevia, and flavoring(s) of choice.
Chill in the refrigerator for 4 hours or overnight.
Transfer the mixture to a 2-quart ice cream maker such as Cuisinart. Mix according to the manufacturer’s instructions. The Cuisinart takes 20 minutes.
Scoop into an airtight container. Cover the top of the mixture, directly, with parchment paper or wax paper to prevent ice crystals from forming. Cover and freeze.
Once frozen solid, thaw for 10 minutes prior to serving or microwave on high for 10 seconds or until softened.