If you’re looking for a healthy gluten free dairy free snack, try chia coconut pudding. You can make the pudding sugar free if desired. Use your favorite sweetener. If you’re not dairy-free, you can even layer it with some Greek yogurt. However, dairy-free yogurt is also a good treat. Making chia coconut pudding takes less than five minutes. It’s that easy!
A chia coconut pudding that is dairy-free and sugar-free, if desired. Add fruit for added flavor and texture, if desired.
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut milk (Coconut Dream*)
- 20 - 30 drops alcohol-free vanilla stevia, or your favorite sweetener to taste
- 1 shake of salt
- Your choice of fresh fruit**, fruit puree, or yogurt
- Add the chia seeds to a bowl. Pour the coconut milk on top. Add the drops of stevia or your favorite sweetener. Stir, cover, and chill until thick, at least 30 minutes.
- You can layer them in individual glasses with your choice of pureed fruit, sliced fruit, and/or yogurt (either dairy or dairy-free).
*Allergens vary depending upon brands of coconut milk. While Coconut dream contains xanthan gum (corn derived), a can of 365 organic coconut milk contains guar gum (plant-derived sugar based).
**Low histamine fruit includes apples, bananas, and some people do well with blueberries.